Ports Do Not Map on Verizon FiOS OR Ports Do Map but Source-Connect Gives Error #168
There is a setting in the router still blocking the ports. For some reason, FiOS routers do not play by the rules of the game and want you to map from ANY port to 6000~6001.
The first approach and most common solution is to:
- Delete any rules you created previously and create:
- One port-forwarding rule from ANY > 6000
- One port-forwarding rule from ANY > 6001
- Try again.
The second approach
- Check whether firewalls are down and the port is open.
- Check if WAN IP and public IP/Ethernet/WiFi match.
- Verizon routers have a firewall setting, which needs to be set to "low".
- If there is a port scan detection setting, it needs to be off.
- Router firewall needs to be enabled for the port to be working too. Best option is to leave it on, but on low setting.